This show, along with Rugrats, Clarissa Explains It All, The Journey of Allen Strange, Aaahh!!! Real Monsters, The Angry Beavers, The Adventures of Pete & Pete, and Legends of the Hidden Temple, were the first shows to ever air on the Nickelodeon block, which would replace the K-T.V. one. It would initially air on weekdays, on 7:30 am, 7:55 am, 11:30 am, and 3:30 pm, and on weekends, on 7:30 am and 12:30 am.
A few months before Alpha Digital's shutdown, the first two seasons of the show would air on 7:00 AM and 1:30 PM, and later on 7:30 AM and 1:00 PM.
Channel 9The first season first aired in late 2003, the second season in 2004, and the third one premiered in the same year.
During airings of SpongeBob SquarePants on Channel 9 in November 2007, the National Council for Radio and Television started investigations regarding a claim made by one of its members, in which he says that "the show contains violent scenes for children."
The reaction of audiences and fans of the show in Greece was rather negative, with people criticizing the fact that ESR was focusing on "mindless" children shows, and not on other "awful" at the time, shows on TV.
Despite the Council taking action in order to ban the cartoon, the exact reason for the cancellation of airings there till this day, are unknown.
This would make a series of events occur, including a sketch based on the controversy, on the early version of Ellinofreneia on SKAI in 2008 (followed by a complaint of an anonymous parent about it on the radio show of the same name), as well as the distribution of leaflets by "Φοιτητές σε Κρίση Ταυτότητας", criticizing accusations against gay people.
The channel would initially secure the rights to the first six seasons of the show. The new episodes of Season 4 started broadcasting in 2007-01-06. Two months after the show was removed from Channel 9, Star started also airing older episodes. The made-for-television movie, "Atlantis SquarePantis", first aired on the channel in 2008-12. Season 7 premiered on 2011-09-24, after a press release about it 3 days before, and the final episodes to premiere were "A Friendly Game" and "Sentimental Sponge", the last episodes to ever be dubbed by Power Music Productions and Audio Visual. Before getting put off the schedule after its final airing 2013-07-14 in favor of Baby Looney Tunes, selected episodes from seasons 6, 7 and 8 would air on weekends at 10am.
ODEON S.A. had released in Greece 13 DVDs with episodes of SpongeBob SquarePants, from seasons 1-3 (except the 12th (with the season 6 special episode, "SpongeBob vs. The Big One") and 13th (with the season 5 special episode "What Ever Happened to SpongeBob?"). Also, English and Greek audio tracks were featured, alongside Greek Subtitles. ODEON is also responsible for distributing films released by Paramount Home Entertainment, including the SpongeBob movies.
Pedio Editions (Greek: Πεδίο Εκδοτική) has manufactured collectible complete season DVDs. Seasons 1 to 4 were first released as a bonus included in the magazine Tiletheatis, seasons 5 to 8 in the newspaper Eleytheros Typos tis Kyriakis. Each season was divided into 8 discs, except seasons 7 to 9, which were divided into 9 per season. Also, the seasons 1 to 3 DVDs would eventually be re-released to mini markets, in 4-DVD packages with the price of 10 euros each one. The 9th Season 7 DVD and the 9th Season 8 one have also been released (in cooperation with The Penwest Company) on stores and more notably, supermarkets, with the regular price of 2 euros.
|Season premiere||Season finale|
Additional sources: 
- ↑ ALPHA KIDS. alpha-digital.gr. Archived from the original on 2002-08-02. Retrieved on 2018 September 16.
- ↑ http://www.abfab.gr
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 SpongeBob goes to Greece - ToonBarn. ToonBarn Rob (2006-05-14). Retrieved on 2018 November 3.
- ↑ Ραδιοτηλεοπτική Εταιρία Αλφα Λίμιτεδ - TV Programme. alphatv.com.cy. Archived from the original on 2002-02-22. Retrieved on 2018 September 16.
- ↑ ALPHA KIDS. alpha-digital.gr. Archived from the original on 2002-10-01. Retrieved on 2018 September 16.
- ↑ https://www.rizospastis.gr/story.do?id=1543308&textCriteriaClause=%2B%28%2B"ΜΠΟΜΠ+Ο+ΣΦΟΥΓΓΑΡΑΚΗΣ"+%29+-ΑΙΘΟΥΣΑ
- ↑ Στο στόχαστρο του ΕΣΡ μπαίνει ο Μπομπ Σφουγγαράκης (Greek) (2007-11-21). Retrieved on 2019 June 3.
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20070121184322/http://www.star.gr/site/content.php?sel=20&day=1168034400&nextdate=
- ↑ Ολοκαίνουργια επεισόδια "Μπομπ ο Σφουγγαράκης" στο Star! - VipNews. VipNews (2011-09-21). Retrieved on 2018 August 27.
- ↑ ΜΠΟΜΠ ΣΦΟΥΓΓΑΡΑΚΗΣ. star.gr. Archived from the original on 2013-10-16. Retrieved on 2018 August 27.
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20121025130637/http://www.nickelodeon.gr:80/index.php
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20140304083037/http://www.nickelodeon.gr/newz/item/266-%CE%BF-%CE%BC%CF%80%CE%BF%CE%BC%CF%80-%CF%83%CF%86%CE%BF%CF%85%CE%B3%CE%B3%CE%B1%CF%81%CE%AC%CE%BA%CE%B7%CF%82-%CF%83%CE%B5-%CE%BD%CE%AD%CE%B5%CF%82-%CF%80%CE%B5%CF%81%CE%B9%CF%80%CE%AD%CF%84%CE%B5%CE%B9%CE%B5%CF%82.html
- ↑ http://www.penwest.gr/mpomp-sfoyggarakis.html
- ↑ DVD ΜΠΟΜΠ ΣΦΟΥΓΓΑΡΑΚΗΣ (000573) < DVD ΜΠΟΜΠ ΣΦΟΥΓΓΑΡΑΚΗΣ (000573). Toys24. Archived from the original on 2019-07-15. Retrieved on 2019 July 16.
- ↑ Ξέρετε ποιος κάνει τη φωνή του Μπομπ Σφουγγαράκη στα Ελληνικά; (βίντεο) (in Greek). Diaforetiko. Retrieved on 2019 July 16.
- ↑ 16.0 16.1 Compact Disc Club - DVD. Retrieved on 2018 May 29.
- ↑ 17.0 17.1 17.2 17.3 17.4 17.5 clickatlife (2015-02-19). O Μπομπ Σφουγγαράκης βγαίνει έξω από τα νερά του | clickatlife.gr (in Greek). clickatlife.gr. Retrieved on 2018 May 29.
- ↑ Η Θεατρική Σκηνή Δήμου Φυλής «σηκώνει την αυλαία»… (in Greek). Municipality of Fyli (2016-09-01). Retrieved on 2019 July 16.
- ↑ O SpongeBob έρχεται στο MTV!!! | MTVGreece. mtvgreece.gr. Archived from the original on 2013-12-16. Retrieved on 2018 September 16.